- Kforce Finance & Accounting
910 Half Moon Rd
A Kforce client in New York, New York (NY) is seeking an Accounting Policy Senior Manager. If you have 5 to 8 years national public audit or advisory experience or combo with a passion for financial services & technical accounting this could be the role for you!
- Monitor emerging accounting and regulatory capital issues through interacting with various industry groups, liaising with certain standard setters and regulatory bodies, and discussing with internal stakeholders
- Assist the business units and corporate functions in assessing the impact of evolving standards to the firm's businesses and coordinate the implementation of new standards
- Interact with business units and corporate functions related to new transactions to advise on accounting and regulatory capital issues
- Apply U.S. GAAP and regulatory capital standards to transactions and document accounting and regulatory capital analyses and conclusions
- Develop accounting and regulatory capital policies and periodically update policies as new guidance is issued
- Participate in development of training on technical topics and presentation to the global Finance Division
- Review the Firms SEC 10-Q/10-K report prior to filing
This role will act as an advisory to all sorts of exciting technical accounting & regulatory issues affecting the business. This is an excellent opportunity for advancement with great exposure to all lines of businesses & with fantastic benefits!
- 5 - 8 years of Big 4 public accounting with audit or advisory with financial services clients
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting (or equivalent) and CPA license
- Regulatory capital experience is a plus, but not required
- Effective interpersonal communication and confidence interacting with senior management across and outside of the Finance Division
- Ability to work effectively individually, escalate as necessary, and collaborate in a team environment
- Proactive and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...