- R.H.WHITE COMPANIES
- $66,900.00 -109,430.00/year*
Are you looking to start an exciting new career at R.H. White? We are seeking a self motivated and energetic MA Certified Plumber to join our growing team.
Review plan, specification, equipment schematics and onsite conditions to determine the safest and most efficient means to install water, sanitary or gas pipe and equipment in accordance with plumbing codes, standards and regulations. Assemble, install, test and maintain process pipe, equipment and other apparatus using power hand tools and other specialized equipment. Make connection to existing services, drains and mains and repair or replace defective equipment. Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Identify hazards, defects or malfunctioning equipment and adjust or repair to insure compliance with applicable code.
- Maintain current plumbing license and complete all plumbing connections in strict accordance with all applicable state & local codes.
- Follow company policy and procedures and enforce safety regulations.
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Plan sequence of installation and adjust as needed to meet the construction schedule using knowledge of equipment to avoid obstruction and activities of other construction workers.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints and equipment drawings to determine the proper location of plumbing equipment to insure conformance to plumbing, health and safety codes.
- Supervise apprentice and inspect work in progress to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Maintain accurate time and material records.
- Cut, thread, bend and assemble PVC, copper, black iron or other pipe.
- Perform physically demanding work while working from ladders, scaffolds or on roofs.
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment and controls.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Requires Journeyman or Master Plumbing license in MA. Additional CT License desired.
- High school diploma and additional specialized training required for licensing. Minimum 5 years' experience in trade, with preference for natural gas work.
- Physically, must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; coordinate eye-hand movement; use hands and fingers fully; climb and maintain balance; see and hear well (either naturally or with correction); and stand, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills and be able to prepare detailed estimates of the time and materials to complete a given job.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy/ follow instruction, read blueprints and make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Visualize objects in three-dimension; use logical step-by-step procedures in work; make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform duties that may change often.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver's License.
R.H. White is a third-generation, family-owned construction management and general contracting company that has been in operation for more than 95 years. It has five primary business divisions building construction, construction services, mechanical construction, utility construction and water utility management and operations. In addition to its Auburn, MA corporate headquarters and training center, the company also has multiple locations throughout New England.
We are proud of our workforce's long record of loyal service which we believe is directly correlated to our family culture and focus on employee safety and training. R.H. White has received numerous awards including the Massachusetts Employer of Choice Award from the Employer's Association of New England (EANE) and the Massachusetts Family Business of the Year Award from Northeastern University's Center for Family Business. Additionally, we've received multiple STEP (Safety, Training, Evaluation Process) Awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts (ABC) and the Gould Construction Institute (GCI) over the last decade.
A business does not grow without investing in its employees and we recognize that our team members are the foundation of our success. So, if you're looking for a dynamic and rewarding career with a diversified and growing business, consider joining R.H. White.
R.H. White Construction
Associated topics: faucet, pipefitter, pipeline, plumber, repair, steamfitter, toilet, unclog, unclogging, water line
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...