- Sheltering Arms
- $82,156.67 -203,780.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
513 Bolton Ave
Sheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is looking to hire an Educational Coordinator I for our Early Childhood Education program. The Educational Coordinator works in conjunction with the Educational Director to use reflective supervision to support staff in their interactions with children and families in general Day Care Classrooms. By utilizing best practices and through comprehensive support, the Coordinator supports staff in their efforts to provide an education-rich and developmentally appropriate classroom.
* Conducts classroom observations of teachers and provides ongoing feedback
* Reviews all child case records and lesson plans.
* Ensures that lesson plans reflect goals as defined within each child's individual developmental profiles
* Conducts workshops and training for staff based on evaluations and assessments in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards
* Ensures that children are screen and referred, evaluated and able to access services in a timely manner in compliance with State and Federal Law
* Attends IEP meetings with the Disabilities Coordinator and assist families as needed. Ensures that parents are well aware of their parental rights and that information is shared in parent's dominant language
* Monitors disability services in the classrooms and ensures that teaching staff and service providers are working in concert to make sure that IEP goals are being implemented in the child's daily routine
* Provides regular written communication in the form of reports, memos and contact notes to ensure that the director, family services coordinator, and other consultant staff are well informed of each child's status and progress
* Submits reports to QI Department and Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator
* Other duties as assigned
* Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education
* Prior management experience preferred
* NYS teacher certification in Early Childhood Education
* Previous experience working with Pre-School aged children
* Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
* First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. As a day care worker, providing quality care for children will require a high degree of physical exertion. Must have the ability to lift and hold children, sit down on the floor and stand up frequently and walk quickly around the classroom. In addition due to the high level of energy in the clients during all physical activities and outings, must be able to run, play, and travel with the children. Physical and PPD clearance required.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...