- The Wagner
910 Half Moon Rd
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location
Formerly known as the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park, this 298-room hotel has been rebranded as The Wagner, an independent lifestyle hotel located in the Battery Park neighborhood of Manhattan. The hotel boasts guestrooms with Statue of Liberty views and is within steps of One World Observatory, the 9/11 Museum, and South Street Seaport. Employment Status
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, supervising and managing all property food and beverage, kitchen and back of the house operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Responsibilities
- Must greet and seat all guests by 2west Restaurant standards
- Must be flexible with schedule and hours
- Shift is primarily for PM shift
- Manage outlets during operating hours
- Must do daily inventory requisition for both 2west and IRD for fallowing day...\"milk, juice, bread, exc...\"
- Must provide items needed when not in the stock...\"whine from liquor room, deserts from pastries, juice from garde manger kitchen, etc...\"
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Supervise and manage all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Monitor industry trends and take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations
- Work with the F&B Manager and keep her/him informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate manager fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in department monthly/quarterly/annual inventories; prepare and submit inventory reports to accounting in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training on SOP's, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training etc.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.'
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Loading some great jobs for you...